Loach Clicking

BigA

Ok. I bought a Botia striata from Natures about 3 weeks ago to help with snail control. For about the last week, after I turn out the light, I've been hearing clicking noises from the tank. At first I was concerned that perhaps the bottom panel of glass had cracked, but there is no water leakage. Could this possibly be the loach clicking? Is this a signal that it has settled into the tank? I've had clowns before, but never really heard any clicking. Then again, when I had the clowns, I was less experienced and kept 5 in a 29gal tank and perhaps they never settled into the tank. Any opinions on the mystery noises from the tank?

Yes it is the loach clicking. They do it when they eat for sure. I was at NCS and Henry tossed in a sinking wafer for the loaches, I heard lots of clicking then!

I think it means it is happy, but I have never seen an unhappy one.

I remember being told they click when they it's their favorite food that they are eating. I haven't fed mine pellets in ages and I fed it one last night and the clicking started again.