umbee

Parachromis1

Who in here has experience with this giant?

i need a few suggestions.

please and thanks

Quinn.

I had a few a couple years ago, but i sold them before they got to big.

I believe Rudy and Canuklehead had larger ones, but they are also gone.

Whaty would you like to know?

I had an awesome male a couple years ago that was 13" when a summer power outage did him in, Bred him with Rudy's female.

They are nearly impossible to sex until they are 6-8" even then it can be a b!tch. They grow slower than you would think for such a beast but eat like pigs. I have an 8" male right now. Best thing about this species is there personality, allways at the front of the tank begging for food and attacking the glass.

Definitely a long term commitment as they do not really colour up until they are over 12" and will take over a year to get there.

I had an awesome male a couple years ago that was 13" when a summer power outage did him in, Bred him with Rudy's female.

They are nearly impossible to sex until they are 6-8" even then it can be a b!tch. They grow slower than you would think for such a beast but eat like pigs. I have an 8" male right now. Best thing about this species is there personality, allways at the front of the tank begging for food and attacking the glass.

Definitely a long term commitment as they do not really colour up until they are over 12" and will take over a year to get there.

Yeah i was wondering why it was taking so long to grow.

its in a 55 with loaches right now at about 6 inches. will destroy

any other cichlid i put with it. I was wondering why it was growing so

slow i thought it was stunted since i bought it from big al's and it had

a terrible virus that killed all his brothers and sisters.

what should i be feeding him?