Olive Puffer Breeding, any ideas?

Ehren

I bought a pair of Olive Puffers from the last edmonton auction, how the heck do you make them make babies? The internet does not seem to be a lot of help.

They are currently in a 20gal with lots of plants and snails.

I bought a pair of Olive Puffers from the last edmonton auction, how the heck do you make them make babies? The internet does not seem to be a lot of help.

Are you sure they were labelled Olive puffers and not Avocado puffers? I remember eyeing the avocados but don't recall any others.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you sure they were labelled Olive puffers and not Avocado puffers? I remember eyeing the avocados but don't recall any others.

Sorry i mixed the name up they are avocado puffers. there tank is well planted with lots of rock shelters any ideas on breeding, or what i can do to help?

I've been having success with a technique I read about. Developed by a master breeder whose name I can't recall (she was using it for BN plecos but it's worked for my angels and guppies as well as my temnickis). She called it the 'leave things alone method' or something like that. Instead of doing your diligent water changes regularly, you leave the tank alone for a few weeks and then do a large water change with water a few degrees cooler than the tank. I suppose she was trying to simulate seasonal rain cycles that tend to set off breeding in certain fish species. I would only try this if you have a very mature (+6 months established or better) planted tank.