Foam Backgrounds

Skinard

Hello i am thinking about makeing my own background for in the tank and i have a few questions.

1 can u use pink foam bord inside the tank?

2 can you use the foam in a can inside the tank?

3 can you use automotive resin on the foam and put it inside the tank or anyother resin?

4 is there paint that you can get that is aquarium safe?

what i was planing on doing is layering the pink foam bord and carving out the tree area and rocks. then coat the whole thing in some sort of resin to round the edges and make it hard. then i want to some how seal the whole thing, but i am not sure what to use for that part. then i want to mix sand with paint and paint the whole thing. then air brush on the details

any advice on certain products or technics would be awsom

This is a photo of what i am gonna try to make

a200x60b_800.gif

Woodrock_150-160x60_800.gif

Skin

2 can you use the foam in a can inside the tank?

I was thinking about making a DIY background and Henry from natures cornerstore said they sell a foam in a can that they use to build ponds. You spray it and let it dry then you can carve it. Another plus is that its black. Not sure of the brand name but I'm sure you could shoot him a Pm and ask, then see if its available in calgary.

There is also lots of info about DIY backgrounds at cichlid-forum.com http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewfor...2c86db87c1eda75