Retailer Reviews

First, reviews....

Perhaps we need a slight change to the retailer reviews...I'm thinking that perhaps this forum should not allow any replies, and should just be a list of reviews, with some kind of a rating put in the title:

Bob's Fish Store

9.4 out of 10

This would prevent four to five pages of "Yeah, me too" replies, and also would prevent heated discussions on why anyone else doesn't agree with the review. It really doesn't matter if other people don't agree with the review. If they feel that strongly, perhaps they should write a review themselves. Otherwise it is easy to jump all over someone writing a review....done that before myself. :blush:

Secondly, the search function.

This is a major pet peeve of mine. There is getting to be a whole lot of information on this site, but there is no way to search it except for scrolling through the posts, hoping there is something in the title that jogs your memory to locating the item's exact position.

Well, no use complaining unless you are planning to do something about it, right?

Jay - I'm willing to work on getting this going, but I assume I need admin privileges to do so. If you can make me a temporary admin for just enough time to fix this glitch, I'll get it done. In no way would I want to stay on as admin or moderator....I already have my plate full, but I think I can get this item fixed for you.

There - out in the open for all to see.

Just some thoughts,

Dunl

I agree. The review section should be set up a bit like they have it over at cichlid-forum.com Everyone can post their comment along with a rating. But you don't get into a long discussion about what people put in their reviews. Everyone just posts a small blurb about whether they liked or not the store/product and thats its. No discussions.

PS: I'm also annoyed when i need to fidn a post but can't use the search :grr:

I say the admins try to allow a way for only new threads to be created, but not replied to?

No think think all reviews for say big al's should be in the big al's folder or all the reviews for chums in the chums folder. Each store/product would have its own thread but it wouldnt' be a discussion thread. It would only be used to post your review, not comment on what other people said about the store.

THE SEARCH FUNCTION .... YES ! I am 100% in favor of this feature being incorperated.

AlbetaAquatica has grow substanctually. Members post's, and their wealth of information, is very difficult [ impossible] to locate.

REVIEWS ... yes, something needs to be done. Better organization/method [?].

Vender reviews are very powerful. A good [or bad] review/personal expierence sends a very powerful message to those reading the review. Although the reveiw may be personal, it does send a message.

As for one store being "BETTER" than another ...

Bob's Fish Store ... 9.4 out of 10

what if someone gave it a

Bob's Fish Store ... 4.9 out of 10

Wouldn't the rating have to be computer generated [?]. someway.

A store's address could be helpful.

[ Some may find it a bit embarrassing to walk into a PetsMart and ask for directions to Bob's Fish Store.]. lol......