Travelling betta

geoff

Well last year my sister purchased a betta from big als and just loved him. Later she found out that she had been accepted into York university in Toronto. We didn't know what to do with him as there was no room for him at home so we decided to bring him to Toronto. The little guy survived 6 days in a small plastic container on the console of the minivan. He survived a spill, bumpy roads, and weird feeding times but manged to make to toronto in one piece.

Now, my sister is coming back here for christmas and the betta is coming along too. This time by plane. Unfortunatley the fish has it's own flight so it will be picked up tomorrow. This time he will stay here in edmonton in his own 10gal tank. I thought i should share the story of the travelling betta.

It's pretty amazing how tough these little fish are and luckily for him he will be able to live peacfully for the rest of his life.

Geoff

Edited by geoff

• 2 weeks later...

!@#$ not being able to take him as carry-on. You'd think if there's a fish swimming in it, the chances of it being an explosive are pretty slim, but nooo...