blue arows

snaggle

I was just at the sherwood park pet store and they have some nice blue arows for sale at $199.99 reg 399.99.

Blue Arowanas are just black Arowanas that are mislabeled for customs or sales purposes

there is a such thing as blues. silvers crossed with blacks.

gives them the nice blue tinge but also causes alot of bad genetic mutations.

i wouldnt mind one but they are a little expensive.

Quinn

I think you have been misinformed blue aros are same as blacks

Quinn

if you get them from most chain petstores yes. but in some cases they are crossbreeds.

i know a man by the name of Roger who does alot of shipping to the PJ's and such petstores who has actually bred these along

with a few members of the Aca. its very unlikely that you will get one of these fish though, as they mostly end up in the states.

Quinn

if you get them from most chain petstores yes. but in some cases they are crossbreeds.

i know a man by the name of Roger who does alot of shipping to the PJ's and such petstores who has actually bred these along

with a few members of the Aca. its very unlikely that you will get one of these fish though, as they mostly end up in the states.

If you do a little research on them I'm sure you'll agree with me

Quinn

If you do a little research on them I'm sure you'll agree with me

ohh i do agree with you.

this is just what i have been told. if you check big al's shipping papers, im sure they'd say blue aro but in fact are blacks.

Hmm...someone on another thread here says that the guy at "Golds" told him that Black Arows were no longer to be exported from Brazil.

I remember years back juvenile blacks would come into stores in same numbers and about same price as juvenile silvers.

So are you saying there is no export ban on blacks ?

Edited by JORG

Hmm...someone on another thread here says that the guy at "Golds" told him that Black Arows were no longer to be exported from Brazil.

I remember years back juvenile blacks would come into stores in same numbers and about same price as juvenile silvers.

So are you saying there is no export ban on blacks ?

LOL, just checked and it was you who passed on the info JORG. I can't comment on it, haven't heard anything. I'll post it on www.arowanaclub.ca and see what the guys elsewhere in Canada say...

I to remember when they were the same price. i used to keep blacks a while back. I even traded a buffalo head for a young black at one time. They sure have gone up in price though.