Another filter goes down

mitsukuni

Couple of months ago I had two tanks fail within a week of each other. Now its filters. My trusty old H.O.T. Magnum bit the bullet last week (had to take out an old AC 300 I had in storage). Couple of days ago, I went to do my daily feeding on the downstairs tanks, and the AC150 I had on the 77gal (as a supplement to the wet/dry/sump I made and a Emperor hob) was DOA. Then I checked my 90gal and the lift pump I was using to turn the biowheels (as a backup to the big Emperor hob) is no longer pushing water, and no amount of cleaning will rejuvenate it. :blush:

The "good" news is, it looks like the filter jinx is over - I came home this evening and the coralife aqualight on the Discus tank is blinking but not coming on. :mad: arghhhh...

Edited by mitsukuni

The "good" news is, it looks like the filter jinx is over - I came home this evening and the coralife aqualight on the Discus tank is blinking but not coming on. :mad: arghhhh...

Equipment failures suck. The problem with the light could just be the bulbs it is hard to say for sure I have seen both bulb and ballast fail and look the same.

Do you have problems with any other electrical equipment in your house? Appliances, TV's, Computers? Fluctuations in power, brownouts, spikes etc. can be very hard on equipment and cause them to fail early. If you have a lot of problems then you could call your power supplier and ask them to investigate.