Clown in filter

FishBrain

I believe your fish should be ok without its barbels. I'm not sure if they grow back though.I"ve heard of people with sharp gravel having their fish(cories,loaches) cut or rub off their barbels.Probably not the best for the fish but i think they will be ok. I'd watch to make sure it doesn't get infected though.

I not sure of this but here goes....as most fish tend to be able to regrown fins and ckunks of their body if bitten or how ever injured id guess the same would happen here, as long as barbels wernt taken out with the chunk of face theyre attached to, size the barbel cells are still there i cant see why they wouldnt regrow

• 3 weeks later...

So far all is good. He now has some tank mates of the same breed. I kind of looks like his barbels are groing but he doesnt give a long time to see. I think he know i want a picture so he wont let me have one :wacko:

• 2 months later...

Well I have to say all is well with him!! :thumbs:

Finally he has started leading the pact instead of attacking it. lol

being the biggest and all.

sorry no pic, but he never did grow the barbells back. Just stubs.

:ml:

Why are they so camera shy? Not just clowns, but any fish that you really want to get a pic of.

Its like when you are trying to net a fish. They know you are only after it and hide, but every other fish is in the way.

Clowns are a shy fish though so thats probably why they are hard to photograph

We call him Molie, because of the one black spot on his side! a mole if you will.

He isnt out much, but when he is the others follow now, instead of him trying to.

It was pretty neat, it was like he was attacking them to get them to swim so he could follow, but he is the biggest so they all wanted to follow him. :wacko:

If both sharks swam by he would follow them, and then the 5 others would would follow also.

but all seems betters now. so I am happy :thumbs:

:ml: