Which type of dwarf cory?

Kayen

I was wondering, which type of dwarf cory would be better suited for a 5gal, or even 2.5gal tank(probably too small for them)

Of course the only two kinds that i can obtain, are pygmy and habrosus cories.

But in general which one is hardier?

Habrosus cories IMO seem better looking and more active at the lfs then the pygmies, who sat around more.

I had the habrosus they seemed pretty tough.

I'm a big fan of the habrosus corydoras although I recently picked up a school of hastatus corys for the same tank. The hastatus seem to prefer swimming in the mid levels of the tank occasionally having a nap on the bottom while the habrosus keep to the bottom or sit atop any built up structures within the tank. They seem very suited to one another and will occasionally school together. I know Henry still has some hastatus corys available in his tanks.

I also keep a betta with this group and he doesn't seem to have ay issues with the corys. They all share a 29G together though. You might want to limit your cory group to a max of 4-5 total with your betta. You will need to buy a group as they need to be in a school to feel secure and thrive. Corys are very social with each other. If this is the same tank I've seen you might want to alter the aquascaping so as to leave an open section for the corys to congregate.

Good luck with your tank!

Henry also has another dwarf corycat. Not a hastatus I just bought them today and they are very tiny. Go and ask about them. They are doing very well in my 10g hex. I have 6 in there and I could fit at least 6 more with no trouble.

Yep probably that tank you saw of mine, but i'm definitely re-doing after my midterms- New substrate, new scape, new plants.

Then in the summer i will move it all to a 5 gal setup.

Probably i'll try a group of 3-5.

I'll be for sure removing that huge piece of driftwood, leaving a nice clearing/moss carpet and other little paths for the cories to enjoy, and free space at the top for the betta.