Today in the Fishroom ~ 01/19/08

Aquamojo

The F0 Managuense from La Cieba, Honduras are breeding again. When that happens they not only color up well, but are extrememly easy to photograph. Here's the male at 9"....completely psychotic:

Hondo-Manaquense-858b.jpg

The female is not happy to have me poking my lens at the glass either:

Hondo-Manaquense-859b.jpg

Momma and fry:

Hondo-Manaquense-860b.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-861b.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-862b.jpg

Mo lives in the states.

if you ever have any guapotes like this for sale.let me know.

Quinn

I don't think he replies much on this forum. :boxed: Quinn, these are the fish I told you to ask Ken about....P. managuense sp. "Honduras". Much nicer IMO than the La Cieba loisellis. Now we know they are out there. Just gotta figure out how to get some up here. :smokey:

Mo lives in the states.

if you ever have any guapotes like this for sale.let me know.

Quinn

I don't think he replies much on this forum. :boxed: Quinn, these are the fish I told you to ask Ken about....P. managuense sp. "Honduras". Much nicer IMO than the La Cieba loisellis. Now we know they are out there. Just gotta figure out how to get some up here. :smokey:

lol i hope that we can get some of these.

Quinn

Dean...were you saying I don't reply much?

Heya Mo. Yeah. You usually post up pics and then we don't hear from you again until the next set arrive. Not that I have a problem with that. And usually replies to your threads are just compliments anyways. While I have your attention, how would one go about getting some of those little guys? I need some mana's to complete my collection and have been drooling over these guys since you first described them on MFK last Summer. Thanks Mo. :thumbs:

I check in and poke around just about every day. Sometime work gets in the way and a couple days slip by.

I currenly have a dozen or so 3/4" fry from this pair. They've been promised to a buddy locally. I generally just feed the fry to other fish. I can see that Quinn is in Canada. Where are you located? I think Rapps has them and Ken Davis does as well.

This isn't the yellow-headed parachromis I was talking about a while back. That's a different fish...Loiselli. These Managuense were collected in Honduras. Sorry for the confusion.

In the meantime, here's more of the same. Extreme Close Up

Here's the original shot:

Hondo-Manaquense-865b.jpg

A little closer:

Hondo-Manaquense-864b.jpg

And even closer:

Hondo-Manaquense-866b.jpg

...And then there's this...what a brood:

Hondo-Manaquense-863b.jpg

Edited by Aquamojo