CO2 injection

corrosionjerry

Found another "build you own reactor" guide here. A bit more towards the bubble mist technique if that's what you're looking for. Should be cheap too.

Thanks for that link werner :) now I know what to do with the Fluval 1 "Plus" Underwater Filter that came free with my 305. Tonight I will try to build a CO2 reactor out of it and will take some pictures along the way. The fluval seems about the same size (200L/h) as the pump in the link.

I am also setting up a pressurized CO2 setup so I have been watching this thread a lot. Hopefully tonight I have the missing link that I have been waiting for: a FULL tank of CO2! I have had the regulator and a ph controller sitting here for 1 week just waiting for my bottles to get hydro-tested and filled. Yahoo... no more yeast/sugar bottles...

Found another "build you own reactor" guide here. A bit more towards the bubble mist technique if that's what you're looking for. Should be cheap too.

Looking at this idea it seems like it is a great idea.... person could use a couple of these in a large tank.... and the filter is very cheap... about 10 bucks

I built a CO2 out of a Fluval 1 underwater filter and I did get it to work by not using a filter foam over the output. It does produce small bubbles at a low rate, but tend to shoot out in burst at 2 bpm or higher. After a bit of silicon to remove places for the CO2 to "puddle" and by using a air bubbler on the end of the hose to make the bubbles smaller going into the pump, the unit seemed to work better. This unit does circulate the water and CO2 mixture around the tank better than the glass unit. A large glass diffuser ($30) that I bought at the LFS seems to make smaller bubbles, but then they float straight up. I think I will try to stick with the glass unit for now so I don't have to run 1 more power cord into the tank and it looks better too.

Edited by byte