co2 700 PSI

corrosionjerry

I have read a few posts on pressure of co tanks....

It is interesting... from what I was told by oxypro a distributor of co2 the bottles are filled based on wieght.... not psi... just so happens my 10lb tank is 700PSI...

Thus how do some of you people have higher PSI in your tanks... is it because the tanks are smaller thus the smallness of the tank creates a higher PSI with whatever weight is allowed in a 5 or 2.5 lb tank....

Just curious...

by the way my tank is spun alum....

Just curious about this matter...

I have read a few posts on pressure of co tanks....

It is interesting... from what I was told by oxypro a distributor of co2 the bottles are filled based on wieght.... not psi... just so happens my 10lb tank is 700PSI...

Thus how do some of you people have higher PSI in your tanks... is it because the tanks are smaller thus the smallness of the tank creates a higher PSI with whatever weight is allowed in a 5 or 2.5 lb tank....

Just curious...

by the way my tank is spun alum....

Just curious about this matter...

My tank is 25 lbs. Also from OxyPro.

I've never really paid much attention to the pressure till the question was asked here the other day.

Rick

I would think that bottle size would be designed to hold the diffrent weights of CO2 at a fairly simular PSI. I suspect 700 PSI is more then what is required for any job and is regulated down to some other amount ot be used, but I know a few welders so would have to check with them to make sure.

Welding oxygen and acetylene are both in the 2000+psi ranges when delivered. Medical grade O2 is about 1800... breathing (scuba/scba) O2 is 2216psi.

All of the above cylinders are pretty much considered 'empty' under 200 psi. But since aquariasts require such a tiny little pressure amount, our bottles would be considered empty at 50psi or even lower, so we get a LOT more 'use' out of our tanks.

I am thinking CO2 might be like Propane... sold in small quantities by weight and in larger quantities by volume. Maybe has something to do with liquid vs. gas like a vehicle vs. torch?