Film problem

corrosionjerry

Ok my 75 Gallon completely planted tank has been up and running for a couple of weeks now.... co2 injection 3 bublles per second through an elite mini filter with a sponge over the outlet to break down the co2 into a mist.... xp3 canister filter... and I had removed the marineland 200 bio wheel from the opposite end of the tank knowing that water disturbance hinders the co2..

Looking at my tank today... I notice a film starting to appear on the water surface and the fish a little lathargic... I am guessing not enough airation... hmmm

reinstalled the bio wheel and all looks normal again...

What is the long term solution.... I have an fx5 i could install on this tank... do you think this would be better then the xp3 with the biowheel.... I am thinking the fx5 might be a little to much current!

or is the xp3 and the biowheel ok..

the co2 injection is happening on the xp3 filter side of the tank

You may also want to use a small pump/powerhead to get a bit more water movement. Once you get a lot of plant growth in there, dead spots can develop on the side opposite the filter outflow. I use an Eheim powerball pump and like it since you can aim it easily and the flow rate is adjustable.

You may also want to use a small pump/powerhead to get a bit more water movement. Once you get a lot of plant growth in there, dead spots can develop on the side opposite the filter outflow. I use an Eheim powerball pump and like it since you can aim it easily and the flow rate is adjustable.

I will check that product out Werner....