Snails

I have recently noticed that in the mornings when I turn on the aquarium lights I see small white snails. they disappear once the lights have been on a while. They are only about 1mm - 2mm. I havent added any new plants or new anything for that matter. the only thing changed was buying a new food for bottom feeders. could it be that these H20 stable wafers have snails in them, and when immersed in water and not fully devoured, the snails come out. Now I have red tailed botias in one tank but have never seen them eat, when my other tank i see the clowns eat all the time and have fed them these wafers. In the loach tank I never see snails. But in with the botias I always see wee little snails. could it be that my botias are just picky and dont like snails? I've had the botias for over a year now so they must be eating something. Just curious, because im wondering if i should stop putting these wafers in the tank with the botias before it gets overun with snails. as a side note I put these wafers in my 5 gallon, and again I see snails. I havent put the wafers in any of the other tanks I have and they aint got snails.

fyi a loach is a type of botia.

snails seem to be caused by overfeeding.

id stop feeding for a week and put in some noxich.

it always kills snails in my tanks.

and i get snails too. only in my dovii tank though because he only eats a couple of times a week, and he makes a mess of his food.

The snails aren't necessarily bad. They're Malaysian Trumpet Snails, and they live in the gravel. You see them in the tanks w. the H2O wafers b/c the food isn't being completely eaten during the day, and the snails are allowed to feed an multiply. MTS do a good job of keeping the gravel turned, so you don't get any anaerobic areas. IMO, MTS are a "good snail", while pond snails and maybe ramshorns are "bad snails".