Make location mandatory field

Sounds like a great solution to me if they can do it. Seems to me some of the mods get high blood pressure over this, and it might help their ongoing health. If anyone here hasn't been a mod on a forum, they should do it for at least a month somewhere, just to see what a PITA it can be. I've done it in several places and now I generally run like stink when someone asks me. LOL

So along with my "Good idea!" I will also say, "Hats off to you mods and admin who keep this forum going!" :)

Great idea just the city alone would be great. I do not like my e-mail address known though.

J

"So along with my "Good idea!" I will also say, "Hats off to you mods and admin who keep this forum going!" :)

Edited by geleen

Sounds like a great solution to me if they can do it. Seems to me some of the mods get high blood pressure over this, and it might help their ongoing health. If anyone here hasn't been a mod on a forum, they should do it for at least a month somewhere, just to see what a PITA it can be. I've done it in several places and now I generally run like stink when someone asks me. LOL

So along with my "Good idea!" I will also say, "Hats off to you mods and admin who keep this forum going!" :)

Yeah no kidding. I also participate on a political/activist message board, and no way in heck would I offer to be a mod. Thank you mods! We love* you!

*but not THAT way :-)

We will look into it. We might be able to apply it to any new members signing up, but for members already registered it will be next to impossible.

I'm now working on it.

Of course, if everyone just used the standard format for posting things online (which would include a location in the post since we are in different areas and no one here really is a mind reader no matter what you may have heard) then this would be a moot point and I could go back to my weekend, unperturbed. But since that is apparently too much to ask of the common person, I'll instead see what I can do to accommodate you.

Sorry, I am a little grouchy right now (easy to make a custom registration requirement, but it's not showing up in the sidebars of the posts for whatever reasons... trouble ticket in with Invision to solve)... I'm going back to the movie with my wife, and will think about this tomorrow.

Considering the response I think this will be my last suggestion for changes. I meant no offence by making the suggestion.

FYI - I didn't care, just thought it would solve an issue for Admin/Moderators simply.

Edited by Northranger

Solutions are fine, and I don't want to discourage new ideas... but I do want to discourage people who need to have solutions to problems they create simply by their lack of attention. There is a seriously big difference here, and I assure you, there is nothing you have done that is wrong... unless you're one of the chronic people who continues to not follow the first rule of the B&S section.

I assure you, my location is visible beneath my profile, as is that of everyone I've seen posting in Buy/Sell here who bothered to list one.

Sam Chicklets is the moderator looking after that area it seems and he is constantly having to remind people to add their location...in the vast majority of those incidents the poster does not show location in their profile, they update and later do...just thought you could lower a fellow moderator's Blood pressure with, as you say, a simple change.

My last suggestion - nuff said.