120 stocking

dodgeboy

so today got my hands on a used 120, i have a 55 african tank, 30 community tank and 6 27 gal tanks im currently building into a display wall. my question is what to use the 120 for? buy a center piece fish and stock around it. move the cics, i cant make up my mind. then to stock the little tanks i was thinking just trios of cics each a different type to prevent hybreds.

The type would IMO depend on how thick the glass of your tank is. If it's thick and really sturdy, I'd go with an aggressive species (tank busters). If it's the older type tanks with average thickness of glass, the less or non aggressive like the Heros types or geophagus types would work better. I want to have a couple http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=524

umbies some day. These are only suggestions and my faves . It's best to do your research and keep in mind their end size for your stocking numbers. The things I like about the SA and CA are their attitudes, breeding habits , response to their "feed me person", response to strangers. I find they are fascinating . For instance, a severum may seem dumb and clumbsy, but they just love their person , a lot like a puppy. A midas can be downright pitbull like. He may not tolerate anybody or may be like a guard dog that loves you but will eat everybody else . So much fun . :D

this shows up blank for me? anyone else?

Try this and select central american group.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/

this shows up blank for me? anyone else?

You need to click on the blue link "profiles". Then chose some search options. I selected the third one "Search by Species Characteristics" , chose SA and a sub characteristics, then search. Try different ones to see fish profiles that may suit you.