110g Mixed reef

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! So the tank is up and running completely then?

You bet Shark. I had the 110 finished and sitting at the new house ready for the transfer from the 68g. So its been running for about three weeks.

Looks fantastic! I love the purple cap. Glad to see you got your "runaway tri-color" back :lol: What kind of lighting are you running?

Thanks Shar...may I call u Shar? Yes, Darth Wader had it and was trying to convert it to the dark side. Im kinda embarrassed to tell you about my lighting, because its a hodge podge of sorts,atm. A 150w MH with two HOT5 actinics on one side and four HOT5s and pc combo on the other side. Am kinda waiting for the new job to start to upgrade my lighting.

For all the pic thirsty peeps out there here a few pics from a week or two ago, a couple weeks after the tank was both moved( as in houses) and transfered into a new tank. I was quite surprised how quickly things seemed to settle in.

IMGP1735.jpg

IMGP1734.jpg

IMGP1755r.jpg

IMGP1724.jpg

Edited by fishytime

• 4 weeks later...
That's great, can't wait till it fills in completely!

Thanks again Shark, Im workin on it. A couple of the nicer RC colonies I brought home from the shop. The A. Lovely came with two acro crabs. One is the bandit looking one that you get pics of if you google acro crabs. The other looks different. So not sure if its an acro crab or not.It sure hasnt left the A. Lovely it came on. Gonna try and see if I can get a shot of it.Keep in mind these just spent 4 days in a bag in the dark, so obviously not fully colored back up yet.

IMGP1831c.jpg

IMGP1832.jpg

IMGP1829.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

As SloughShark pointed out, I havent updated this thread in ages. Been so busy lately between my carpentry job during the week, working at Red Coral on the weekend and building tank stands in whatever free time I can. So here is the requested fts. Pics were taken by a friend, Josh (JDigital).

FTS2Oct.jpg

FTSUp2.jpg

FTSUp3.jpg

FTSEndTank.jpg

FTSUp4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...