Eheim Professional Float Valve sticking

cidley69

I have been using an Eheim pro canister filter for a couple years now. It is a fantastic filter, usually 100% quite. I took it apart to clean during a tank chagne, and now the float valve stays permanently in the all the way up position. This basically means it is alwasy on full blast.

I'm not usre if this is how it was intended to run i8n the first place, but it used to kinda idle for a while (10-15 minutes) then shoot out a blast of water for a minute or two, repeating the cycle. Now it is just on. Is the float valve supposed to go up and down, and does anyone have any ideas how to fix it so it does?

Any help appreciated.

What model are you running?

You can find the downloadable manuals for their products with some trouble shooting tips in each at:

http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/index.js...mp;list=afilter

(I run the Pro 2224 and Pro II 2026's at the moment.)

It is a 2227 model.

Thanks for the link. The Eheim manuals are minimalistic to say the least. There are lots of air bubbles coming out of my sprayer line also. I'm not sure how the air would be getting in, as it isn't being sucked up in the IN line to the filter (this line starts underwater).

Northranger, does your float valve go up and down periodically?

Here is a quote about what it is supposed to do:

"The water output pulsates as the filter fills and empties. In this way it also acts as a wave maker, creating rhythmic currents inside the aquarium."

It no longer does this and i don't know why?????

If I might suggest, full edit your post, adding the model number of your filter in your title and then a reply with how you managed to fix your trouble...that will let a future user with the same problem search for and find your solution.

Glad you found your solution!