Just a pic of my 48g

Did you get those Gorgonians from the Reef Shoppe? I was going to pick up a yellow one last time I was up there but forgot to get Kelly to put one in a bag, oh well. They sure are pretty. I really like your christmas tree worms. That is a nice tank!!!!

Thanks all :) I have worked very hard to keep it as nice as I am capable of. I wish I had a picture of what this tank looked like when I first picked it up. The change is really quite miraculous. The rocks were all covered in gha and it really was a mess.

After a year in sw I still feel like a noob much of the time and there is lots to learn. My next mental obstacle is going to be truly understanding the relationships between pH, Mg, Ca, buffering capacity and whatnot in my water. I was not the best in chemistry in school but I think I am just starting to get an inkling on things I need to start doing to see my Ca levels rise..and kind of understanding it, lol. I don;t want to just follow someone's recipe, I want to know how to change things to what needs to be done. Previously the tank was fine with just water changes but I am finding now that the Ca levels are in the 300's somewhere and I am going to need to start figuring out what I want to dose and how much. (Plus I need a test kit for Mg, I don't have one yet)

Did you get those Gorgonians from the Reef Shoppe? I was going to pick up a yellow one last time I was up there but forgot to get Kelly to put one in a bag, oh well. They sure are pretty. I really like your christmas tree worms. That is a nice tank!!!!

Yup, they are from the reef shoppe. Kelly treated me really well and I was a very satisfied customer and would not hesitate to get stuff from him again. The bippinata is doing really well (lower left), but the ribbon (mid-right) keeps getting some algae growing on it (maybe not enough flow) and doesn't like the mushrooms touching it. I trimmed the mushrooms yesterday, so hopefully the polyps will start coming out again fully as soon as it sheds. I did try at one point upping the flow but then my nearly all my other corals were quite unhappy with me, so it is going to have to stay as is until I finally get everything into the 120g. (progress on that project is stalled for now)

Bosshog: Pretty sure you must live around here somewhere, if you ever want to come over and yak you should. Just don't look at my messy house, lol.