Making your own CO2 bubble ladder?

firestorm

Today I decided to make my own CO2 system with a 2l pop bottle. What I did was cut a hole in the lid, and put an airline tube inside the hole, about 1/4 " in then I siliconed around it to create a seal. I really don't want to go out and buy a hagen bubble ladder, since they are about $20 each, so I was wondering if anyone has any helpful suggestions on making my own. We need more CO2 in our tank than our 2 nutrafin yeast systems are putting out, which is why I am making the third. Anyone ever done this themselves?

I use a 4l cranberry juice jug and I run the co2 tubing to a little elite mini pump. I used to use the hagen ladders but I found the elite minis easier to use(more specifically clean as the ladders are a pain when they grime up) and I believe they dissolve more co2. The elite pump costs 12$

I have no idea how you would DIY a ladder.

If you dont' want to spend much then just stick a fine airstone on the end and place that close to your filter. That should produce a fine mist that will dissolve easily.

And these will have the same effects as a bubble ladder? I just wanted to make sure the CO2 bubbles stay in the water long enough for them to partially dissolve in the water. Yeah I already have 2 hagen systems, but wanted a bit extra, because I cannot afford to buy the real pressurized system yet :)

How much do the pressurized systems usually cost? I saw some that were a few hundred dollars and thought heck no, id rather buy another tank or eheim for that price right now.

I think in a few months we will try for the pressurized system. Thanks i'll take a look at a welding store, I can also price out a mig welder while I am there for my dad lol, I want to practice my welding skills, and someday make my own metal aquarium stand.

• 2 weeks later...

Try a forced water reactor - like on BOOTH's web page.

The biggest exspense is the water pump $15-$30 depending on quality

I have built several different CO2 delivery systems & this one seems to work the best

It takes about an hour to build, and about two days to get your eyes off of it!!

• 7 months later...
Try a forced water reactor - like on BOOTH's web page.

The biggest exspense is the water pump $15-$30 depending on quality

I have built several different CO2 delivery systems & this one seems to work the best

It takes about an hour to build, and about two days to get your eyes off of it!!

I'm very new to this forum..where do i find it...?