Livebeare breeder

Icewolf

Just wondering if there are any livebearer breeders in edmonton?

If so what do you breed? I am asking because I would like to get a little more serious about breeding them. Right know I have neon swordtails 2 of the 3 females are about to pop. I also have mutt snakeskin guppys.

I suggest you come to the next A.C.E. auction (see http://www.fish-club.org/ for info). There should be some livebearers up for auction. Otherwise I would suggest coming to an A.C.E. meeting. Also A.C.E. club members ($25 per year) have access to the club library.

If it was the small container of blue gularis eggs. Yes. I have neon and red Swordtails, some multicolored Platies, some guppies (but very few right now), Endler's livebearers, Ameca splendens and Girardinus falcatus. I also have a number of guppy endler hybrids.

• 9 months later...

I breed guppies, I have quite the assortment that are all in one tank, I dont have one particular type, I have some scissor tails, some with really big orange and black spotted fan tails, a couple with pretty funky tails, a cobra with a large tail that extends on the top and bottom, its quite the pretty tank and it seems that Ive got a few new babies, think its time to set my small 10 gallon up to move babies over

I have swords (greens, red wags and pineapples) and Endler's. The Endler's are my absolute favorite, though... and in the past two months since I got them my original 10 have become 23... and they are not showing any signs of stopping.

If there are more of these at the next ACE Auction, you better call your banker to outbid me.

:lol: there seems to be a good sized lineup for some of these little guys... hobbyists and stores, alike. I should have some males in a couple months for those who may be interested, but all my females are going to be kept to build up my breeding stock for a few months after that.