difuser to replace nutrafin ladder for CO2

jimired

Im trying to increase CO2 in my 10 gallon. It has a three small oranda, 3 guppies and two zebra danios and one chineese pleco ( I have no idea what to do with thoose golfish other than leave em out for the nieghbors cat) one mature crytp, three crypt cuttings and 3-4 juvinile vals, one mature dwarf sword.

I have been using the ladder that came with the kit for yeast CO2, now I heard that a diffuser will give me finer bubbles, but they just seem to blob out and are gone, not small at at all , bubble about the size of the hose. So is there a propper way to use a diffuer, or does it need more pressure that yeast system.

Ill just go back to the ladder for now

Thanks in advance

I'm not usually a big fan of the ladders, but I found they worked fine for a 10 gal, especially if you have a small powerhead/filter right above or beside them for current.

I have been using the ladder that came with the kit for yeast CO2, now I heard that a diffuser will give me finer bubbles, but they just seem to blob out and are gone, not small at at all , bubble about the size of the hose. So is there a propper way to use a diffuer, or does it need more pressure that yeast system.

Ill just go back to the ladder for now

Are you talking about the glass bell with ceramic ring type diffuser? I have two of them and they do produce very fine bubbles, but I will only use them with a pressure system as I find they cause way too much pressure in the bottle for a yeast C02 system. I had one of the hose connections blow apart on a 2L pop bottle trying to push it through a glass diffuser :( Maybe you have a leak between the glass and the white ceramic disk?

I have no idea what to do with thoose golfish other than...

Lots of pond people are looking for goldfish this time of year?

:)

Edited by byte