shipping question

Jackie

Hi im wondering if anyone knows a cheap way to have things shipped over from the US to canada...it just seems so expensive...but i know there must be other options to ship to us...other than UPS

Im trying to get some replacement parts for my tank- and canada has them but for twice the cost...plus shipping

thanks if anyone can help!

Hi im wondering if anyone knows a cheap way to have things shipped over from the US to canada...it just seems so expensive...but i know there must be other options to ship to us...other than UPS

Im trying to get some replacement parts for my tank- and canada has them but for twice the cost...plus shipping

thanks if anyone can help!

Concidering the cost to get it shipped to Canada are the parts really that much cheaper?

Sadly the parts are really cheap in the US and everyone seems to sell them $5-USD $15CAD for one part and $10-USD $45-CAD for the other...and all over the place on ebay- only in the us of course

and the shipping is so high that it almost equals it self out lol...60 bucks shipping to me from the usa...but I was looking around and I guess that they were quoting me on speedy shipping rate, cuz I was just looking at the american sites fedex and stuff and i found FedEx International Ground® for only 20 bucks so I guess I will going that route... oh and thats 5 days shipping to! *score*

but thats so much everyone for answering so quickly

Edited by Jackie

Sadly the parts are really cheap in the US and everyone seems to sell them $5-USD $15CAD for one part and $10-USD $45-CAD for the other...and all over the place on ebay- only in the us of course

and the shipping is so high that it almost equals it self out lol...60 bucks shipping to me from the usa...but I was looking around and I guess that they were quoting me on speedy shipping rate, cuz I was just looking at the american sites fedex and stuff and i found FedEx International Ground® for only 20 bucks so I guess I will going that route... oh and thats 5 days shipping to! *score*

but thats so much everyone for answering so quickly

Ebay is a good site but being an old Ebayer myself there is a system to beat the Ebay selling fee's.... Ebay charges a percentage on the final selling price,so if a seller sells a part for $15.00 and it is a $50.00 part the seller only pays the selling cost on $15.00. However the seller makes up for his loss on the shipping charges.... It always looks good till the outrageous shipping costs. I have bought stuff on ebay and paid $20.00 for shipping only to get my parcel 2 weeks later in the mail in a used padded envelope with less than $2.00 postage stamps on it....I think it is just better to buy in Canada,it all works out the same in the end after shipping and duties ect....

In addition to the duty, all couriers (UPS, Fedex, etc.) charge "customs brokering fees" on ground shipments valued over C$20 (anything <$20 is exempt from duty.) They usually add another fee to pay the duty on your behalf until it's delivered, and another fee for residential delivery. They don't charge for customs brokering if you use an express shipping method, but the high cost is often about the same in the end. Here's a list of UPS's custom clearance rates . AFAIK, Fedex doesn't list theirs online.

The post office charges $5-$8.