Discus

Kevin

After all of the discus discussion I wanted to share my current little projects with you. Here is a sampling of the fish that I am raising. They are now 3-4 inches and I have had them for just over 2 months now.

Kevin

post-237-1208326758_thumb.jpg

post-237-1208326767_thumb.jpg

post-237-1208326776_thumb.jpg

post-237-1208326792_thumb.jpg

post-237-1208326810_thumb.jpg

Great fish there Kevin, I have seen large discus with similar colors as the one in the second pic, and they are absolutely gorgeous when they get big. You have some really nice discus there :) I was in golds the other day and they had some snow white discus and some really nice blue diamonds, which should be out of quarantine soon, and of course like always for a decent price. Actually I think Denis had about 5 different types in there last friday when we went in. What size of tank do you have them in right now?

Very nice! :thumbs:

I am in the Netherlands right now and went to look at a discus specialty store with a lot of "bred in Germany" discus.

Well........I guess the nice ones go elsewere. I have seldom seen such poor quality fish. Of the 150 or so fish in the store there were a few, perhaps 10 decent (not great) ones! I did not expect this, as even 16 months ago the quality was very high. I believe this hatchery is now exporting to the U.S in very large numbers, and they seem to be quite succesful in penetrating the market there. The result here is obvious. :boxed:

J

• 3 weeks later...

a Little trick i used when breeding is i bought some nice wild caught discus and raised them in another tank. When they paired off i seperated them in to breeding pairs. I used the wild pairs to be seregate parents for my fancy discus that didn't want to raise there own young. I worked for me for a few years, learned about it from a breeder in thiland..sp?