Ha-lo!

Boom

Hey all. Just wanted to introduce myself. I usually hang out on cichlid-forum.com as Boomr99 but since I'm from Alberta I figured I'd join this site. I'm also interested in maybe joining a fish club and going to some trade shows and auctions.

I curently have 3 aquariums.

My main tank is a 55 gal seamless semi-bow front with all male mixed peacocks / haps and a few others.

I also have a 10 gallon hospital / quarantine tank.

And I have the luxury of having a tank at work. It's a 33 gal with a jack dempsey, a firemouth, a pleco, 3 synodontis, and a bunch of dithers. (I know not the best mix but they all do fine and everyone at work loves them)

Here's a pic of my 55 gal, although I have switched the rock around into a pile and got some different fish.

P1010541.jpg

The stock list is currently:

Aul Rubesc.

Aul baenschi

Aul Sp. "Lwanda" red top

Aul "Sunburst"

Cop borleyi

Jul transcriptus

Lab caeruleus

Prot sp. "Steveni Taiwan"

Prot taeniolatus “Red Empress”

Sci fryeri

Pair of Alto. calvus

3 Syn Luccipinnis

So anyway, I'll be hanging around here a bit, probably mostly in the African cichlid area. But hopefully I can get some help here when I need it and offer some to newbies too. (I don't have too much experience but know enough I guess..)

Boom

Welcome to the forum, What type of back ground is that in the picture?

Wow I didn't think anyone would be up at this hour.

It's a styrofoam background that I cut to size and siliconed in place. I bought it at Aquagiant. It's a chinese brand but I don't know the name, (all the writing was in chinese). I wasn't real sure about it at first but the wife really liked it in a demo tank they had set up so I got it. Now that there is some algae growing on it it looks really pretty good (IMO).

I am thinking about ditching the rocks in the tank and putting some bricks with holes in them in there. Kind of try the "fallen down wall" kinda look....

What do ya think?

Edited by Boom

Would be interesting

Thanks folks! As soon as I have some time to get some good pictures of my tank, I'll post them in the photos area.

I sure love my new additions to the tank. A pair of black calvus and a red top Lwanda peacock! Can't wait to get good pics of 'em.

Welcome! You have some nice fish! I didn't know Aquagiant carried 3D backgrounds, I'll have to check that out if I am ever up in Ed-town.