Power head Suggestions?

punman

I have both Tunzes and the Koralias- the Koralias being a recent addition. I switched over because of the really wimpy mounting system for the Tunze nanostreams. They break CONSTANTLY. Tunze will replace the mounting brackets, but it's still a major PITA. Go with the Koralias for surface movement, IMO. They stick out a bit more (the Tunzes just blended into the background), but the extra durability in the mounting system is worth it.

I love the magnetic mounting feature of the Koralia's! Wish it was a bit stronger magnetic force though... Similar to a Mag-Float cleaner.. so u could move the powerhead without reaching into the tank.

Have you tried using spray bars with your canister filters? I use mine at the surface pointed horizontally from one end and have had a friend measure oxygen content of the water. He said that the only water he'd measured higher was from a system with a tower filled with bio-balls.

• 3 weeks later...