Newbie!!

JDigital

Hey everyone,

I am new here, and brand new to aquarium life.

Hope to learn as much as I can here, seems like a great forum. Less BS than many other forums that I am a member of.. haha.

Welcome! You've found a fantastic forum.

I'm pretty new to aquarium keeping myself, and everyone here is really helpful. With the support of those here, you should be a true addict in no time! MTS - here we come!

Thanks for the warm welcome (I guess thats what this section is for.. haha)

Just got home with my first ever tank. 55G.. Time to take the plunge.. :D

55G.jpg

EDIT: Few hour later after getting a Fluval 305 and my floor rock... :D I'm soo excited.

tankrock.jpg

Edited by JDigital

:welcome:

Ooh nice tank. What are you going to put in there?

To be honest I haven't decided... haha.. I'm still doing some reading to figure out what works with what. I have been leaning towards Angels thought to start.

Edited by JDigital

We started with basic tropicals like Angels, Bala Sharks, Rainbow Sharks. They sure taught us a lot, and they were very patient with us as we moved them into bigger and bigger tanks, with newer and weirder friends (african dwarf frogs, rope fish, apple snails, cichlids, ID shark, scissortails, you name it! We had a very... "Eccentric" tank).

Hope you enjoy your fishy adventure!

I just noticed your tank edges are a bit bigger than your stand. Everyone correct me here if I am wrong, but if it was my tank I would put a board underneath it over top the stand so that it takes the whole weight on the edges.

I just noticed your tank edges are a bit bigger than your stand. Everyone correct me here if I am wrong, but if it was my tank I would put a board underneath it over top the stand so that it takes the whole weight on the edges.

I have tanks on racks that hang off the edges with no issue.

We started with basic tropicals like Angels, Bala Sharks, Rainbow Sharks. They sure taught us a lot, and they were very patient with us as we moved them into bigger and bigger tanks, with newer and weirder friends (african dwarf frogs, rope fish, apple snails, cichlids, ID shark, scissortails, you name it! We had a very... "Eccentric" tank).

Hope you enjoy your fishy adventure!

I will have to check out these Bala and Rainbow Sharks... :thumbs: How big do they get?

Beautiful tank - and welcome to AA. Do you have a use for more gravel? I have about 150 pounds of that exact same stuff!

You will find all kinds of cool stuff here on the forum.

I'm sure I could use some down the line. :thumbs:

Hmmm.. I think its too late... its full of water.. :unsure:

EDIT:

Updated pic

tankwplantswater.jpg

Edited by JDigital