algae wafers

Gina

I was just wondering roughly how many algae wafers I should feed two 12 inch Pleco's a day/night. I also have some platies/mollies/snails that also eat the algae wafers. I was giving them about 2-3 in the morning and 3-4 at night. The reason i ask is because my plecos are actively searching for food during the day (and since they are mostly nocturnal i'm guessing it's because they're hungry and the mollies/platys are eating most of the algae wafer before they get a chance) BUT i noticed today that my water is a green color, which i'm guessing is from over feeding of both the algae wafers and fish food.

BTW: I have a 120 gallon aquarium, and about +-60 fish (most of them are under/around 1 inch)

I was just wondering roughly how many algae wafers I should feed two 12 inch Pleco's a day/night. I also have some platies/mollies/snails that also eat the algae wafers. I was giving them about 2-3 in the morning and 3-4 at night. The reason i ask is because my plecos are actively searching for food during the day (and since they are mostly nocturnal i'm guessing it's because they're hungry and the mollies/platys are eating most of the algae wafer before they get a chance) BUT i noticed today that my water is a green color, which i'm guessing is from over feeding of both the algae wafers and fish food.

BTW: I have a 120 gallon aquarium, and about +-60 fish (most of them are under/around 1 inch)

I have never had a pleco 12 inches in length but I am guessing that they would need considerbly more then a couple of little algae waffers.... are they the small ones or are they the NLS waffers that are large?

Green water usually means that you have a problem in your tank / to much feeding / lights on to long / cleaned the biological filter and killed off the good bacteria / etc....