Resun Ae 808

jonnytens

Mine was so bad that when I replaced it after a few months I threw it straight into the dumpster! I didn't want to make an enemy by selling it. Leaking Orings, flow is backwards (trapped air goes into the INTAKE tube when it's shut off - what good does THAT do?), excessive noise, and the shut off valves never quite shut off... I may have had a lemon, but just the design inside had me seriously questioning the flow... it seemed to me that it actually went 'backwards' in that the intake water went to the top chamber first, and then down through the material and returned UP the tube in the baskets and out of the filter. So coarsest material to the top and finest material to the bottom then? I tried it both ways to see if there was a difference and tossed it out before I could make a conclusion.

I get what I pay for in canisters... which is why I replaced that filter with one costing twice as much and have not heard a peep from it, yet.

My advice? If you do choose to try the Resun product out, make sure they have a good return policy.