earthworms.....

Well i grabbed some worms today and soaked them for a while, scrubbed the dirt off and threw them in my tank. The first one went in whole and I don't think it even broke the surface before my 5" electric blue iceburg grabbed it and slurped it back like a spaghetti string. WOW!

The next worm was chopped up into quarters and my ruby red peacock, red top Lwanda, red empress, and someone else (it happened so fast so I'm not sure who) each got a share of that one.

That was cool to see. I gotta make sure I don't do that too often and keep it as a rare treat though. They still like they're NLS too.

You have to take it easy on the feedings as worms contain a lot of fat. I never feed more than once a week when they are available or the fish start to turn into little porkers.

Worms are great for conditioning the females for breeding as they can store a lot of fat and they expect to go for a month with nothing to eat if they are mouthbrooders.

I think too that the females have larger broods when they are storing that little extra bit of fat. In the U.S. earthworm flakes are very popular for this reason and no mess. I brought in 5 lbs. not long ago and take it from me the fish go crazy over them.

You have to take it easy on the feedings as worms contain a lot of fat. I never feed more than once a week when they are available or the fish start to turn into little porkers.

Worms are great for conditioning the females for breeding as they can store a lot of fat and they expect to go for a month with nothing to eat if they are mouthbrooders.

I think too that the females have larger broods when they are storing that little extra bit of fat. In the U.S. earthworm flakes are very popular for this reason and no mess. I brought in 5 lbs. not long ago and take it from me the fish go crazy over them.

I just came in from outside and picked up a bowl of worms.The Frontosa's dont even taste them.... They were eaten soooooooooooo fast!! I gave some to the Polleni I have and they werent sure of them but eventualy ate them... What a great idea for fish treats!!

what i do is get boiling hot water and drop the worms is they die quick and then i can cut them up. all my fish love them :)