Stupid clown loach

Guest Master of Puppets

Guest FLIP

My clown loach has decided to start sleeping not in all the caves i put in the tank for it but out in the open where the angles nip at him every now and then. Why on earth would he start doing this?

Guest FLIP

Well I'm currently cleaning the tank and he won't move he's not sleeping hes sick and his fins are battered up. I have no clue how to help him is there anything I can add to the water?

Has he outgrown his hiding spots? Not sure what you can do now other than standard helping a sick fish stuff, but maybe a slightly bigger hidey-hole might help?

Guest FLIP

I think he has fin rot and some sort of mouth fungus how can i treat this? I already moved him into a very nice clean tank with tons of plants and very friendly tank mates.

Guest FLIP

I can't test the water for amonia or nitrites but i can test for nitrates which shouldnt really be a problem i have lots of crypts in the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the clown still with us? during a heater malfunction I discovered that clowns could do alright in 90 degree water, at least for a few days. It's what I've done every time I've had an illness. After 3 days I did have one of my sae's pass away. I don't like the idea of trying to medicate any tank with clown loaches present. Also keeping in mind all my fish are warm water fish who are kept at 80-83 degrees.