What to do?

Mmamnstr

Moved into my Grandparents old house, Grandpas been gone for years and Grandma has moved. She had filled in this little waterfall pond in the back yard and so thinking I would like the pond/garden fixed up started cleaning it out...I now have a handmade (Grandpa) pond thats about 3' deep in my yard... Looks awesome, I know it will be a chore to keep the 2 year old out (he could stand in it no problems and it would be a pool!!) so what sort of a caulking etc should I but for it, the cement bottom is a bit cracked (20yrs since he was around) from the winters, but know I will need to fix them for water tightness. also is there a pump that would be recomended, think it just cycled itself from a fill when Grandpa had it going, pond to waterfall and back again, will have to take a picture and post it.

visit henry at dads fish room.... I mean,,natures corner,, he sells good qualtiy pond liners for fairly inexpensive..

Moved into my Grandparents old house, Grandpas been gone for years and Grandma has moved. She had filled in this little waterfall pond in the back yard and so thinking I would like the pond/garden fixed up started cleaning it out...I now have a handmade (Grandpa) pond thats about 3' deep in my yard... Looks awesome, I know it will be a chore to keep the 2 year old out (he could stand in it no problems and it would be a pool!!) so what sort of a caulking etc should I but for it, the cement bottom is a bit cracked (20yrs since he was around) from the winters, but know I will need to fix them for water tightness. also is there a pump that would be recomended, think it just cycled itself from a fill when Grandpa had it going, pond to waterfall and back again, will have to take a picture and post it.

I'd check out some of the pond armor type paints if you already have a concrete pond - no point in lining it with something if you already have a concrete base there. I'd ask around some of the koi forums (koiphen.com) as there are people there that have usually tried everything.

Yes, I know, he has been helpful in the past with my other fishes.. for some reason I never thought/think of popping in there when I need info just supplies etc., kinda nice can do it on a lunch break from work too, just a hop skip and jump!