compatabul fish

artic reef

I agree with African fever ------ but you shouldn't keep the rubies and the jakes together if you plan on breeding them as they will cross breed

You will have a problem with potential cross breeding with any species that has the females looking similar. To a male that is wanting to breed (or female for that matter) any females that look even close to what he is searching for will be a target. To the males even close is close enough. The females of all peacocks and the electric blues are very similar in appearance and if mixed together you will have trouble seperating them let alone a breeding male who couldn't care less. If you plan on breeding them it is a must to keep them seperate. If you aren't planning on selling the fry or if you don't plan on saving them it won't make any difference. The market for hybrids is extremely limited - usually tagged as "assorted" in a petstore.

That's how you end up with so many tanks - keeping them segregated so the strains stay pure. LOL Not only the tanks to breed them in, but fry tanks for growing out as well. The females look very similar even as fry. Just something to keep in mind if you plan on breeding them.

Lol and you would know this well Harold, am I right? He is right though, the peacock females look very similar to each other and there would be a great chance of cross breeding, unless you were to have an all male tank of course. Mbuna like the elec yellows will definitely be fine with them. I have a female electric blue holding right now, but I cannot be sure if they are the males fry or another one of my peacocks fry. Only time will tell. But yes if you want them to stay pure strains you won't want to mix them.