Planted 20G bowfront

I got the tank from TheGr8Blade recently and the stand from fishytime a while ago. They fit nicely together and I needed to move the 31G that was in my living room so I figured I'd set it up in the bedroom.

This is what it looked like a few days ago after adding Flourite and water:

DSCN4713.jpg

This is last night after a couple hours of moving fish and plants around:

DSCN4731.jpg

DSCN4736.jpg

Tank specs:

20G bowfront

Flourite substrate

Red Sea DIY CO2 system

2 reptile clamp lamps housing 15W Philips daylight screw-in compact fluorescent bulbs

AC70 filter with an AC30 impeller

100W Visitherm Stealth submersible heater

Flora:

Cryptocoryne balansae, Pogostemon helferi and Vallisneria

Fauna:

5 male lyretail guppies

4 female guppies

3 bronze corys

Edited by thegrandpoohbah

Thanks for the comments. Yes the driftwood is real. It was purchased from a member of another forum who collected it from Stave Lake in BC. It's easily my favourite piece of wood ever. The only down side is that it still floats and has to be strapped down using a piece of slate.

Very very nice. I love how the plants all look so perfect. I was wondering how you managed to get the wood to not float, it beats buying the expensive malaysian driftwood anyday :)

Thanks. The wood has been submerged for two years and still floats. I have it strapped down to a big piece of slate buried beneath the substrate.

• 1 month later...

Here's the tank a few weeks ago. Everything was growing in nicely.

DSC_0184.jpg

Then the val started taking over and crowding out the Pogostemon. So I ripped it all out and replaced it with some hygro (I think).

DSCN5233.jpg

I'm still not happy with the way it looks but this will do for now until I can find a better plant for the back right corner. I also need to paint the intake tube black so it blends into the background better.