Breeding behaviours

Raven

I know i probably asked this before on other kinds of fish, but id like to know the breeding habits of Amerca Slpendids.... the little spotted guys extint in the wild, yellow tialed acies and bracardis. maybe theres some video footage out there that i dont know about..... hmmm.

Well yellow tail aceis are mouthbrooders...

And Brichardi are cave spawners which form colonies ;)

Look up some stuff on those things and you can find them...

I think betta splendids are bubble nest builders and the male will build one and the female will tip underneath and themale will litterally squeeze the eggs outta her into the bubble nest ;)

Garrett B)

i didnt think amerca splendeds and betta S's are the same. the AS are those spotted guys exinct in the wild, Abwildrose brought 2 up from medicine hat for me, though i dont know anything about them other then they help out with my tanks algea problems. the others are mouth brooders and cave spawners? ok ill see what i can find.

I think you're looking for Ameca splendens; doing a search with the correct name on google may come up with the info you're looking for, and I'm pretty sure that they're livebearers (like a guppy).

Cichlid-forum.com should have all the info you need on your Pseudotropheus sp.'acei' and Lamprologous brichardi's.

The ameca splendids dont have any yellow on them.... maybe they are to young yet? Ones tail is darker then the other and the lighter one has a yellowish tinge. I havent had time to read the other info, i will after i get of work.