HELP!!! FIshin uncyled tank!!

froggie2009

:boom: Ok so I got 2 african dwarf frogs nad two ghost shrimp in a two gallon tank (i'm going to put them in a 10 gallon after i buy it and cycle it) but it's uncyled and i have not test kits and so i dont know what to do!!! The people say to take it back to the Store and wait untill i'm ready but i bought it at walmart (I didnt know that was bad untill i went to sites like this) and i called walmart but they cant EVEN sell any fish cause all of their filters broke. So their no way i'm going to give it back to walmart but i dont have any cycled tank i've had them for a month and a week but i take everything out of the tank and rinse the rocks in hot water so it couldnt be cycled. so what do i do???? :banned: I cant think of anything!!!

Can't you keep them in the 2 gallon until your 10g gallon is cycled? Ask one of the LFS's around for some media or substrate to jump start your new 10g. Or take some substrate from your 2g and put it into your 10g. I would advise you to get some test kits though.

Their is also some good info here on doing a fishless cycle.

The post is a little confusing...but I will see if I have this info correct.

You have the frogs and ghost shrimp currently in an uncycled 2 gal tank and you are planning to get a 10 gal at a later date?

Do you have a filter in with them at all? If you do, just leave them in the tank and change a bit of water every day or two, eventually it will cycle. Do not wash off the rocks or anything else in the tank. The good bacteria that keeps your water clean should actually grow on the rocks and stuff and you don't want to wash them off. Don't feed the frogs very much at all...better too little than too much. If you see uneaten food sitting on the bottom be sure to take it out so it doesn't foul the water.

When you get your 10 gal tank, just move everything (including the filter and rocks and stuff) over to that and carry on with what you are doing. If they are starting in an uncycled tank anyway, 10 gal is probably better than 2 gal, so move them as soon as you get the chance. Keep changing a bit of water every day or two and gradually stretch it out so that you end up changing about 10%-20% once a week.

Edited by ABwildrose

• 2 weeks later...

free water tests at petland or petsmart