Starting aquarium maintenance service

I am starting a aquarium maintenance service business in Calgary and I am looking for input from the aquaria community. I have been dealing with aquariums of all kinds for over 12 years and have been a regular visitor to many of the local fish stores in Calgary, also I used to work for Big Al's before it closed down. I have already applied for a business permit and, some insurance quotes,flyer's and have a domain registered with a website in the works. I am not sure if i am allowed to post any business info (website,email etc.) so I will leave that out until its approved by a moderator. basically I want to get a better view of the market for aquarium maintenance services. Services will include water changes, water tests, polishing, servicing equipment ect. and access to my coral frags for my customers. When i used to work at the LFS i used to get many requests from my customer base but had turn them down because of company policies, but that was 2 years ago and I have lost contact with many of those people. I know of only a few who do this in city, am I better off going mostly with commercial clients or residential? Any input from you guys is welcome.

Sounds like a great idea i'm new to fish stuff so don't take me too seriously on that but maybe speak with a local housekeeper business and see if they might be interested in a partnership of some kind. Like if they reccomend a customer to you, you would give them ten percent for a year or something like that. You would need to look into the numbers but it's probably a good idea to get a client base going.

Hope that might help

Lisa

your neighbor up north

GOOD LUCK