Would like to all to meet my Filly Megan

BlackMumba

Hey Everyone,

I purchased a filly quarter horse back in February, and put her into training for 102 days. This week she finished and tomorrow will be the first time riding her. Patrick came out to film my horses trainer showing us exactly what she can do... and I must say I am extremely pleased with the results. Well here she is~!~

:thumbs:

post-2037-1213550242_thumb.jpg

post-2037-1213550254_thumb.jpg

post-2037-1213550273_thumb.jpg

post-2037-1213550283_thumb.jpg

post-2037-1213550305_thumb.jpg

WOW! What a pretty horse!

I love her delicate features.

She is only 3 years old, she isn't a huge girl at all... she will prob end up being 15hh's and or just shy of it.. she is still going to grow a bit more.

I am 5" maybe just shy of that too... so, a big horse wouldn't do me any good! I would love to take her and start on barrel racing... but would love it if she is trail rides more...

She is trained for doing reining.. spins great and her sliding stop is WOW!!

Both her and I are into lessons... so, hopefully we will work on more.. who knows maybe a good all around Reining Horse? lol

But for now working on Foundation training, and me riding better!

:thumbs:

She is only 3 years old, she isn't a huge girl at all... she will prob end up being 15hh's and or just shy of it.. she is still going to grow a bit more.

I am 5" maybe just shy of that too... so, a big horse wouldn't do me any good! I would love to take her and start on barrel racing... but would love it if she is trail rides more...

She is trained for doing reining.. spins great and her sliding stop is WOW!!

Both her and I are into lessons... so, hopefully we will work on more.. who knows maybe a good all around Reining Horse? lol

But for now working on Foundation training, and me riding better!

It sure helps to be a good rider to sit a Reining horse - otherwise you eat a lot of dirt! A friend of mine claimed to be a good rider, roping, heading and heeling - tried out a new horse, inadvertently signaled a side pass which left him without a horse under him. -roll-

She is a Quarter Horse... Her pedigree goes back to:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/blue+gold+admiral

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/zans+coy+feature

Her Mare (palamino):

Has alot of big names back in her pedigree such as Two Eyed Jack

Zan Parr Barr

Her Father(Sorrel):

Has some big names back in his pedigree such as Two Eyed Jack

Goldseekers Bars

Alot of Halter pedigree in her background..

Wow, she is just gorgeous - she may be a purebred AQH, but she looks like there's a good dose of Arabian in her to me. And for three years old, I'm really impressed by

(1) how agile she looks in the first pic - no teenage awkwardness going on at all there

(2) how calm and serious she looks in all the pics - I'm guessing not only does she have a great personality, but that her trainer is really, really good.

I've never mastered a flying change of lead either, but if she's good at turning on her backhand and forehand and you can get good at asking her to, you'll be able to open and close most gates without dismounting - an much more important skill for trail riding. When it comes to trail riding, are you thinking just going around exploring, or getting into endurance racing or competitive trail riding? (I know people who are into it and just love it.)

Oh, and off-topic, the female betta I picked up from you at the auction is doing great. I'm really enjoying her and so are my co-workers.

Edited by Finbert

Wow, she is just gorgeous - she may be a purebred AQH, but she looks like there's a good dose of Arabian in her to me. And for three years old, I'm really impressed by

(1) how agile she looks in the first pic - no teenage awkwardness going on at all there

(2) how calm and serious she looks in all the pics - I'm guessing not only does she have a great personality, but that her trainer is really, really good.

I've never mastered a flying change of lead either, but if she's good at turning on her backhand and forehand and you can get good at asking her to, you'll be able to open and close most gates without dismounting - an much more important skill for trail riding. When it comes to trail riding, are you thinking just going around exploring, or getting into endurance racing or competitive trail riding? (I know people who are into it and just love it.)

Oh, and off-topic, the female betta I picked up from you at the auction is doing great. I'm really enjoying her and so are my co-workers.

My lesson teacher thought that she might have Arabian as well, but there is none! Although I do see a touch of dishiness in her face! I got her professionally trained, Fred Duke from Duke Ranches... he is awesome!!

As for turning, lets just say she can pivot really well, and very nicely to boot...

But my first ride on her didn't go as planned !! I ended in on the fence and face down into the dirt... :boxed: So, today I am extremely sore, with fence burns on my back.. she got scared because the lady who kisses her nose always is now on her back and Not Fred, and why are all these other horses here what is going on.. and she freaked with me on her... galloped to the fence line and bucking... of course my only option was to dismount as gracefully as I could so I didn't end up being part of the fence...

I HIT THE DIRT hard !! Spit out the dirt from my mouth brushed off some of the dirt (I was covered in it) lesson teacher was visably worried but I stood up and waved I am OKAY :thumbs:

I got on her after awhile another girl who has way more experience worked her until she calmed down and accepted this new idea, then got on her doing circles... walking slowly etc..

I am really Sore right now but I really am not scared of her, its normal for a Young horse!! If she didn't act weird then I would be like HUH? So, I expected to join the EAT DIRT CLUB... !!

I am so glad your enjoying the betta!! :thumbs:

Oh dear, I hope the dirt was at least tasty and the fence wasn't barbed wire.

My most memorable dirt-eating experience:

I was riding in my first and only show, in a jumping class for total beginners, on one of the horses I often rode for lessons. Prince Did Not Like brush jumps, which I only found out at the show, since we had never tackled one in lessons. Prince was not happy with me at all as far as I can tell, presumably because I made him go over the brush jumps and not around. Once we finished the course, I relaxed but Prince didn't. The small crowd applauded, and he went several feet up and several feet sideways all at once. I went flying into the arena wall and slid down it. He was a fairly small horse, so there wasn't too far to fall, and I wasn't hurt. As I was sitting there in the dirt, I heard someone laughing. It was my mom. She apologised later, but I guess in retrospect it was pretty funny.