A few shots from last weeekend

Slough Shark

We went out to the Cabin at Pigeon Lake last weekend. I didn't do much fishing since the water was too agitated for my little boat, but I did look for other things to photograph. I found a juvenile Burbot hiding underneath our makeshift boatlaunch (concrete walkway blocks and plywood). I didn't have time to grab the net so I scooped the little guy up with my fingers and carried him to a container. Unfortunately I couldn't get any good shots this way, but I did get a video- here it is:

th_487_8725.jpg

And when I decided to put the boat launch back in the water before we left, as a temporary hideout for juvenile fishes (the Walleye come in to shore almost like wolves in a pack to feed on the smaller fishes- I have seen Walleye with small Burbot hanging out of their mouths when the sky is black). Anyway I lifted up the plywood and there sat a small Western Toad (Bufo boreas). Before I could grab him he dove under the concrete blocks. When I lifted up the blocks and got everything out of the way, I set him down on the lawn and got these pics:

487_87362b.jpg

487_87382b.jpg

Bufoboreasb.jpg

I think it was a good weekend for nature-watching and photography. We are leaving for a whole 2 weeks next week- I sure hope it stays nice for that!

Taylor

Thanks guys!

Patrick- I have been on the lookout for a tank like this. I have seen the results of using tanks like these in the field and some great Photographs have been produced!

Bottomdweller fan- glad to be of help! I can't wait to get my new camera- hopefully soon!