Salt water and a septic field?

Jeff & Norlaine

I am moving to a residential neighborhood west of Calgary that has 2 acre yards, community water service and a septic field in my yard. What do people with septic fields and reef tanks do with their water change water? This is a nice neighborhood so I can't just create a "dead spot" in my yard.

I have heard completely opposite opinions on reefcentral - "it will be great for your septic field" and "it will kill your septic field"

I would really like to hear from people in a similar situation. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jeff

I haven't seen any problems with the salt going into the septic system. Your going to put way worse things in there than saltwater. Detergents, bleach, toilet bowl cleaner etc etc. I wouldn't worry about it.

I have a gravel driveway and sometimes pour the salt water on the weeds growing in the gravel. Once you get enough salt on the gravel it kind of sterilizes that spot.

HTH

I haven't seen any problems with the salt going into the septic system. Your going to put way worse things in there than saltwater. Detergents, bleach, toilet bowl cleaner etc etc. I wouldn't worry about it.

I have a gravel driveway and sometimes pour the salt water on the weeds growing in the gravel. Once you get enough salt on the gravel it kind of sterilizes that spot.

HTH

Thanks Boss. I appreciate your help

Jeff

• 2 months later...

I have been pouring my SW WCs onto a space just beside my house... the grass seems taller in that spot!