yoyo loach

darkangel

Not sure if this is where this goes. I have 2 yoyo loaches in a 72gal planted community tank, We had gone away for a week and left our son to feed the fish at least once a day. He called me after 3 days because he thought he was doing something wrong, I was told that one of the ugly light brown and black striped fish was getting a really fat belly. When we got home everyting was just peachy except the one yoyo loach looks like it swallowed a marble, They are hanging around a piece of heavily planted driftwood and only come out at feeding time. Is this egg laying time or is it something else I should be concerned about.

Water parimeters are . Amonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate-10ppm daily tests on ph for the last week are 6.4 to 6.8.

Your water parameters seem fine for yoyo loaches. What is the temperature in the tank?

Does your fish look like this http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?t=...light=yoyo+eggs? If she does, then it is likely she is gravid.

If she does spawn and the eggs hatch, please let us know exactly what you did, because spawning most loaches in captivity is still not a common occurrence.

Good luck!