Hello

Spinalcore

My name is Travis I am 24 and trying to breed bettas. I'm trying to find a breeding pair of Betta Imbellis, But no luck on that part yet. My GF ad I currently have (3 male, 3 Female) Betta splendens, (6) Zebra Danios, (34) Red swordtail fry 1/2" to 1", (1) Indian/Chinese Algae Eater, (6) Neon Tetras and (1) fancy Red glass guppy.

We have:

1x4-5 gal tank

3x10 gal tanks

2 betta hex

1 double betta hex

and 2 Marina betta kits

I'm raising a few of the fry for my mother and 1 of the GFs Friends. I'm planing on picking up a couple more tanks for breeding in.

At the moment I am culturing some Inforsia/Green water.

Currently my fry tank (1 of the 10 Gallons) has 22 fry in with the algae eater, Java fern and wisteria.

I am looking for advice on breeding bettas and info on the growth rate of swordtail fry.

My friend's dad bred bettas, now they stick to livebearers. All I remember is that their dining table was edge to edge jars of fish. But this website might help

http://www.bettatalk.com/

I personally have had trouble keeping bettas alive. Of the 3 I have tried, only one has lived more than 3 weeks. He's going on two months now, and so far so good.