Pictures from the fishroom September 06 -08

patrick

Astatotilapia nubila male approx 1.75". In a matter of seconds he can change from pale grey to dark blue or pitch black.

nubila005-750@.jpg

This is one of my male baby Paralabidochromis chromogynos at almost 2" now. This guy is special since he has almost no speckles whatsoever. Occasionally this species will produce fry like this, but it is rare. A have a few that I kept that are like this, and I have sold a few as well. The rest have the normal piebald look.

chromo0060-750@.jpg

This is a Lithochromis rufus fry from my WC pair, not even half an inch in size. Fry from this first batch will not be for sale as they are impossible to find in North America and my WC male is old.

lithochromis_rufus0052-750@.jpg

Neochromis omnicaeruleus vs. Lithochromis rufus. The Lithochromis rufus is bigger and still dominant, but the Neochromis omnicaeruleus is like a bulldog and it's only a matter of time before he takes over.

omnicaeruleus0012-750@.jpg

This Paralabidochromis sp. "Redfin piebald" fry only 1" in size has the WB pattern rather than the OB. This is common but rarely pictured. The dorsal will turn blueish as he matures.

piebald0014-750@.jpg

AMAZING PICTURES!! I wish I could get clearity like that. What are you using to take your shots? Let me guess: a DSLR with a macro-lens, right?? I can't get that kind of quality from my pics and I'm thinking that the lens is the issue. So please, let me know how you do it.

Thanks.

Patrick,

You should add to your signature the camera model and the specs of the lens. We all add our fish list, but you have to add this too. I am sure you have been countless times about the camera model... I like the pitch black of the background..makes it feel real... How is the tank coming along ? Still cycling , I guess... Can't wait to see it stocked and the ensuing photographs.....

Raj...