Dwarf puffers

snaggle

I was asked a question about dwarf puffers that I could not answer. I was asked if they could go in with ottos. I am thinking that they can not go together because the puffers are brackish water fish and ottos are not. Are all puffers brackish?

Dwarf puffers(pea puffers) are freshwater.

I dont' know if they are good with Otos as I kept mine alone. I would think it would be alright, as the otos blend into the tank and the puffers probably wouldn't notice them much. But it would also depend on the personality of the puffers. Some can be very fiesty and nip at other fish, while some do just fine mixed into a community tank.

Degrassi is right, ALL dwarf puffers are freshwater. Oto's might be fine with them, and as mentioned puffers might have different personalities so it will depend on the puffer. I don't know how well it will work long term, but I say give it a try. Since you will need to have lot's of plants and stuff if keeping more than one puffer, it will also give the oto a place to hide if they need to. Most dwarf puffers I had that were in a community tank did not pick on other fish, then some of them would chase other fish sometimes, but could never catch them haha.