Just Bought A 75 Gallon Aquarium!!!

roypark05

Hello everyone, just moved to Edmonton and just checked out Big Al's. Very impressed! What a selection of fish and aquariums, and good prices to boot (on the aquariums moreso than the fish anyway).

So I bought a 75 gallon tank from them along with a stand, glass cover and a light. Missing a filter and heater. I think I know what I am going to do for a filter, but does anyone here have a heater they'd be willing to sell me?

Thanks in advance!

I'm confused did you check out any other fish stores before you thought big al's had good prices? ;)

$400 for the 75 gal tank, a really nice stand, glass cover and a light. I'd say that qualifies as a good price.

Keep an Eye on the buy/sell section for a heater. I would look around and check out Natures Corner and Aquarium Enthusiast for you fish.

They both have a good selection and great prices.

Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

Big Al's for Aquariums in Edmonton has to be one of the best when they have sales, but probably only then. That's where I bought my 72g All Glass Bowfront. Tank, Stand, Light and Covers for $500 (Half Price).

Even Henry at Natures Corner admits there prices on aquariums are hard to beat. Probably why he doesn't sell them.

I recommend the Visi-therm Steath Heaters, I've got a 250 Watt for my 72g and I bought it at Big Als in Edmonton.

Lyle

I'm confused did you check out any other fish stores before you thought big al's had good prices? ;)

$400 for the 75 gal tank, a really nice stand, glass cover and a light. I'd say that qualifies as a good price.

Keep an Eye on the buy/sell section for a heater. I would look around and check out Natures Corner and Aquarium Enthusiast for you fish.

Thanks for the tip!

not that good of price, i bought a 120 gal (6') with top and a steel stand for less than that. check around if you think ba's has the best price on ANYTHING

Thanks for the tip!

not that good of price, i bought a 120 gal (6') with top and a steel stand for less than that. check around if you think ba's has the best price on ANYTHING

Where did you buy it from? Was it new or used?

Lyle