new dog

JORG

She's a real gem, She's been to obedience school twice and obeys all commands I'm really happy with her I've only had her for a few days now but she already won't let me out of her sight---now I just have to decide whether to breed her or get her fixed

Tough decision.... Do you have the extra time to raise pups?

My BC/Lab/Springer cross chewed on walls, furniture, chair legs, rocks, wiring... pretty much anything he could get in his mouth. Little guy was fast too... you'd think you have the place puppy proof and in the blink of an eye he'd have something.

I gather the person you bought the dog from was not the breeder. A lot of dogs are sold by the breeders on a non breeding contract. You may find that is the case when you see the papers. That may influence your decision.

I had a personal policy of never breeding my special companions (as opposed to those that I did have for brood stock). There are many things that can go wrong in the pregnancy and delivery, and my companions were not put at risk. My highest priced companion dog was $2500.00 and another was $1800.00.