new dog

JORG

Nice GSD :thumbs: Looks ready to go to work! Do you work your Shepherd?

I just got her last nite ---- what kind of work do you mean for shepards ? My last one only had to guard the house and chase vehicles

Edited by JORG

They are a very versatile breed. Some of the activities could be obedience, tracking, agility, herding, pulling carts, backpacking, skijoring and more. Chasing cars is often an attempt to herd them. I had Shepherds many years ago, more recently Giant Schnauzers. Working breed dogs are best when given work to do, otherwise they often will find something to occupy themselves.

She is gorgeous... Good that she has a big yard o play in.

Yes I'll keep her tied up for a week when I'm not with her and then the collar goes in the garbage, then she'll have free range

GS's are fantastic coyote control if you have more then one!

My uncle had a couple one would grab the coyote by the tail while the other grabbed it by the scruff and tug awar was done, as was the coyote...

I do not have GS, we have a great pyr one purebred and one great pyr x border collie x neuf... the border collie x goes into the bush while the great pyr guards the tree line, they work great together. We live on 80 acres; therefore coyote control is a must.

They also do not like deer, moose, fox, or other animals stopping by our place, however sometimes they will let the fox slide... not sure why maybe they don't see him/her as a real threat. Before the dogs, our cats were the coyotes main coarse, now we have lots of cats..haha...

How old is she?

She is stunning, I would love to get a white long haired shepard...

although it would not stay white for long at our place....

I believe the lady said she was between 3 and 4 years old, I'll know exactly in a couple weeks when she comes to visit the dog and bring me her papers

I believe the lady said she was between 3 and 4 years old, I'll know exactly in a couple weeks when she comes to visit the dog and bring me her papers

OH she is the perfect age too, trained and doesn't chew you out of shoes, remotes or wiring...

We have a toy poodle that loves to chew on wiring, and my brothers boxer ate money, remote and shoe's when he was a pup.... the joy's of young dogs...

Lana

She's a real gem, She's been to obedience school twice and obeys all commands I'm really happy with her I've only had her for a few days now but she already won't let me out of her sight---now I just have to decide whether to breed her or get her fixed