Frontosa Question

roypark05

What type of fish have you got the Mpimbwe in with just out of curiosity and how big are the fish? In my experience if the front is a good size the other fish won't bite or pick at them. They seem to realize that the front will get larger and will settle up when he outgrows them. The only fish in with my Mpimbwe group that dare to take a run at them are the brichardis and they aren't afraid of anything. For some reason the fronts will take a hit from them and don't bother to open up and inhale those brichardis which would be no problem for them.

As indicated on my sig, I have him in with a couple jewels and three mbunas. My Magunga Zebra is 4" and quite aggressive, he picked a bit with the front at first but seems rather scared of him now. One of my jewels is about 5" and he at times will stand up to the front and even bite at him. Then again the size difference between the front and that jewel isn't too great.