Daffodil Brichardi

sherlock

I probably wouldn't trust it. IMHO and experience with them, they would be too aggressive for a community setting. I find they are very territorial, and I just would be worried they would thrash somebody. However you can get away with fish like kribensis in a community setting, they are still an african cichlid, just not as territorial and aggressive.

I agree with Firestorm, a brichardi probably won't work with those tankmates. Africans are pretty aggressive and will probably go after the other fish,especially since those fish are pretty peaceful.

Stick to SA or CA cichlids or the west african/congo species. Something of similar temperament to the fish you have already.

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but I will ask anyway. I have heard and read that keeping one daffodil brichadi in a community tank is ok. Is this true or a buch of bull?

I HAVE HAD A GROUP OF 8 DOFFODIL BICHARDI'S IN MY 120 WITH FRONTS AND PEACOKS AND MOORI'S AND TRETS AND CALVUS AND HAD NO TROUBLE'S.PUT THEM IN SMALL AND GREW THEM INTO ADULTS IN 3-4 YEARS.ONLY HAD TROUBLE WHEN 2 SEPERATE GROUPS STARTED TO BREED AND SECTIONED THAT PART OF THE TANK OFF UNTILL I REMOVED THEM INTO THIER OWN TANK.I DONT KNOW WHY BUT IT WORKED WELL FOR ME?

One thing you have to remember though is aggression. If you have fish with similar aggression levels, they can usually handle themselves with other fish with that aggression. Calvus are the most peaceful fish on your list you have there, but with such differences in their looks, many times other fish will not bother them too much. I think he is talking more about a community tank with peaceful types of fish.

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this but I will ask anyway. I have heard and read that keeping one daffodil brichadi in a community tank is ok. Is this true or a buch of bull?

I HAVE HAD A GROUP OF 8 DOFFODIL BICHARDI'S IN MY 120 WITH FRONTS AND PEACOKS AND MOORI'S AND TRETS AND CALVUS AND HAD NO TROUBLE'S.PUT THEM IN SMALL AND GREW THEM INTO ADULTS IN 3-4 YEARS.ONLY HAD TROUBLE WHEN 2 SEPERATE GROUPS STARTED TO BREED AND SECTIONED THAT PART OF THE TANK OFF UNTILL I REMOVED THEM INTO THIER OWN TANK.I DONT KNOW WHY BUT IT WORKED WELL FOR ME?

But you have them in with other africans which is fine. Brichardi aren't compatible with "community" type fish like tetras, and, peaceful cichlids like rams. They are too aggressive for them.